HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #31
dberg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 52
It's been several weeks since I posted, but wanted you all to know what happened after my onc referred me to a GYN oncologist. This guy told me I have the vagina of a 60-70 year old. I'm 48. He prescribed Premarin cream full dose for 2 weeks. Oh man, what a difference that made. Then, I went half dose, about 1 tablespoon, 2 times a week, for about 8 weeks. He says I'll be able to titrate it down to a fingertip application, as necessary. I can't tell you how much of a difference it made. I still use Replens, but it doesn't hurt.

Between my onc and the GYN onc, I feel like I'm in good hands. They both think if I'm going to recur, it won't be because of the estrogen cream. There are forces much greater at work.

In the meantime, I'm able to have sex with my husband with relatively no pain. Now, if I could just get a little desire going.

Oh yeah, NO UTI's or pain in my bladder for several weeks either.

Hope this helps some other "old ladies" out there.
dberg is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter