HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
caya

Freaking out - any advice?

I had my first post-op/chemo mammogram last week on my left breast and today I got a call from my breast surgeon's secretary saying the radiologist would like to see my old films (from my former mammogram office). He would like something to compare this mammo with, although he thinks what he is seeing is benign. The last set of mammograms I had were in June 2006 showing no sign of malignancy (yeah right!), before I had my breast reduction, when my plastic surgeon found my tumour on Oct. 16, 2006.
I also had a breast ultrasound at that time, also clean.
Before my MRM I had a breast MRI which picked up another 1 cm. tumour in my right breast, which was coming off anyways. The left breast was clean - this was Dec. 2006. I told both my onc. and breast surgeon that the mammo and ultrasound were useless to me, but they both insisted to go with the mammo - so now here I am, hysterical that I have BC in my other breast - and I won't know anything until Thursday because that radiologist is not in until then.
I called the onc. on call as my regular onc. is away for 2 weeks (naturally) to ask her opinion on whether it would be possible for me to have a new tumour so soon after just finishing chemo and being on Herceptin and the Tamox. She was very reassuring, said it would be "highly unlikely, but with cancer we can never say never." She said she would look over my case notes and confer with the radiologist on Thursday and one of them would call me. She also said it was a good sign that the radiologist thinks it is benign, he wouldn't have reported that if he thought otherwise. He wants to see my previous films to be cautious.
So my question is - how much sleep should I be losing over the next 2 days?

I had my last chemo on May 10th, been on Herceptin since June 10th ( 4 every 3 week infusions), Tamoxifen since July 10th. I was stage 1, grade 2, no nodes at dx in Oct. 2006.

Thanks for any suggestions and words of wisdom.

caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote