HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
LisaElder1972

Unhappy I will be "gumming" pretty soon

This beast holds nothing sacred.I lost my boobs,I lost my hair,came very close to losing my mind.Now,my teeth are crumbling and falling out!!!I always took care of my teeth.I have some terrible toothaches sometimes.I have 2 broke off at the gumline.One of my front teeth split in the middle so now I have a gap between my front teeth and spaces between some other teeth because they are shifting.I have dental insurance through my husbands job so I wasn't too concerned and I made an appointment with the Dentist last week.I told her my first and foremost concern is fixing the 2 front teeth so I don't look like a snaggle toothed old hag.She said I need a root canal and a crown on 1 of the teeth and a buildup and a crown on the other.After insurance pays I still have to pay $500.00!!!!
I called my health insurance(United Healthcare) and asked them if they would cover some of the cost.They told me to have my Dentist request prior approval and they would.That's gonna take 3 weeks and I am terrified that one my front teeth will fall out,then I will be hurting.If I had the money I would pay myself but as you all know,breast cancer leaves you poor as dirt.Anyone else have dental problems and what did you do?

Lisa
Currently on Femara.Onc has never checked my hormone levels before rx the Femara.Periods stopped 8-06.
Constant joint pain,I feel like I am 90.
LisaElder1972 is offline   Reply With Quote