HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
debski

this is my story

Hi,

I have had a diagnosis of early breast cancer for just over a year now- I took it all in my stride. Did the chemo (did n't take that in my stride but did it anyway) did the radiotherapy- got something like pneumonia in December but came out of it all and got back to work.

My workmates were great- as were my pupils (I am a teacher in England).

I was up and down but now I think I am going a bit mad. I just want to cry all the time. I even had a dream last night that the cancer returned and I wet the bed! I am forty years old and have n't done that since I was 5.

I feel like people must be sick of me talking about it.

I am on herceptin and should count myself lucky because the National Health Service has only recently been allowed to use it for early breast cancer......BUT it is a three weekly interruption to my life and reminder of the most awful time in my life.

Self pity is fruitless and I am ashamed to say I am feeling sorry for myself- I am even beginning to think that people think I am making it all up. I had a near panic attack in the lift to the chemotherapy suite but just managed to pull myself together in time for the doors to open.

Do people get sick of hearing about it? Or is it just my imagination

Thanks for reading.

debski is offline   Reply With Quote