HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
Mary Jo

2 year annivesary today

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share with everyone here that today is my 2 year anniversary as a survivor. I was diagnosed 2 years ago today. Thankfully, I am NED to date and pray it continues. I've learned to live my life way differently!!! First and definitely foremost for me is to live each day absolutely to the fullest. I grab a hold of each moment now and enjoy it. I thank God daily for this life He's given me and know ultimately, that whatever happens or doesn't happen is really out of my control. I do eat better (but not perfect - hey life is short ), I exercise daily (but have been doing that for approximately 15 years), take a few supplements and am trying to learn how to relax and enjoy the ride. And, I must admit.......I was a happy person before breast cancer but am WAY happier now. My life has been truly blessed in countless ways (I couldn't even begin to share the blessings as my post wouldn't fit). So, you can see....life has been good since June 24, 2005.

I'm learning to live with my "new" self and that dear friends, isn't always easy. The worry of a recurrence is frightening but it's something I try to keep in perspective as well. As I said earlier, I feel it's really out of my hands although I find myself (that control freak part of me) trying to be in control and that's when the journey is harder. So, I try to sit back and enjoy the ride and for the most part it is getting easier and easier.

Now, the most important part of my post. To thank everyone of you for all your encouragement, love and support you've given to me during these 2 years. Those blessings I was speaking of earlier......well, you dear friends are definitely part of those blessings. I've learned a lot from you........I've cried with you..........I've prayed for you....................I've asked for help and support from you............................................... ................and for all this I say "thank you all so much. May the gracious God we all serve bless and keep each of you and give you Peace."

Love,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06