HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
Melinda

Smile Flip me over I am done - TCH is finished!

I feel as tho one leg of this juorney have come to completion. And I know I could not have done it without the support and love that this board and our sisters have offered. I have just completed my 6 rounds of TCH and am now ready to again get an echo and of course a bone density scan in the next few weeks to see how the herceptin is effecting my LVEF. I am hopiong that all goes well and I can start either femara or arimidex as well. I sure they will come with their own set of issues, but I ask myself can it be any worse than the TCH. I found the TCH to be completely doable and only hope that the others that are on or about to go on will have side effects as minimal as mine.
My sisters here on HER2 have not only given me the strength and supporton this journey, but have encouraged me to "pay it forward". No one should have to undertake this journey solo and I have promised myself that if I can help anyone out I will.
I will now be researching all the wonderful post about supplements, that could possibly be used since I am off the chemo , and what effects I can look forward to when starting the femara or arimidex. Any input greatly appreciated.
To all my sisters, thank you for everything!
On a personal note... for anyone that has not gone to a LOOK GOOD FEEL BETTER program, I went the other day and was astonded at all the cosmetics being donated (BRAND NAMES!) and of course they focus on wigs as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite the fact thatt I am truly a bandana/scarf convert these days due to the heat. Its fun trying to coordinate clothes, jewellry and scarves to look trendy for work, and the residents all think I should be on a magagzine cover.... silly silly, but they love the look.
Keep the faith
Melinda
Mammosite radiation completed 2/10
Stage1/Grade 1
clear Margins /Nodes Neg
ER+
IHC +2 Fish +
ONCO 23
Started TCH on 3/2 for 6 rounds of TC once every three weels and a year of Herceptin every 3 weeks -
Finished everything and now on Aromasin
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote