HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
visualizehealth

Smile New to this family

Hello!

My name is Annie and I was just diagnosed with her2 after my mastectomy on 2-27. The tumor was 9mm and nodes were negative. Unfortunately, my margins weren't clear of the DCIS. My plastic surgeon (who has put in an expander) said that he could go back in and take out the rest of the DCIS. On Monday I go to see an oncologist in Atlanta, and am praying that he will give me a good prognosis, as my first surgeon from the "HOPE" center (which I now call the Hopeless center) was nothing but gloom and doom to me.
I am 40 years old, have been married for 9 years, and have two beautiful children, ages 2 and 8. Like many other women at this site, I am an RN and have worked on a med/surg floor at a very small hospital in western NC.
I had a port put in a week ago, and being a slim person, it sticks out like a satalite dish. I could probably pick up about 100 channels!
Anyway, I read everyones threads often and sometimes it scares me, but most of the time it gives me encouragement. It's so good to hear from others with this same diagnosis.
Love and prayers,
Annie
visualizehealth is offline   Reply With Quote