HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #21
cherylynnie

I am stil confused alittle. Even though I wrote down questions and asked them. I came home still with things that I didn't think of that I wished I would have asked.

I am going to get a breast MRI before the wide excision, and a Mammo on the left side, because the surgeon biopsied a fatty tumor last August on the unaffected side. I had asked her to take it out when I had this excisional biopsy last week, but she convinced me not to. Now since I have a recurrence she must have changed her mind because now she wants to take it out as well. So the mammo will help us decide for sure and I had it scheduled for the 20th of April and got it moved up. The oncologist also ordered ct scans, and my husband asked for a brain MRI and pet scan so he conceded. And of course he ordered blood tests. He is going to check to see if my ovaries are working or not. Since I haven't had a cycle in 14-15 months now.

He said the tumor was very small. I thought it was a centimeter so I am confused on that but when I have my pre-op apt with the surgeon I am going to go over all that with her.

He sees to think that there hasn't been enough to learn about tykerb yet. I don't know. I have plenty of time to find a second opinion if I feel the need. I will talk to my surgeon about that as well.

THank you so much!! I hope you are doing well.

Cheryl
4 AC, 4 Taxotere finished 3/15/06
Currently on Herceptin and Tamoxifen
cherylynnie is offline   Reply With Quote