HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2007, 07:35 AM   #1
cherylynnie

Thumbs down End of treatment or so I thought

On Tuesday I had my last herceptin treatment. My husband surprised me and walked into the treatment room bearing gifts. The balloon on the bag he was carrying said "way to go". I was surprised to see him, I had just been talking smack about him, and there he was.

But the celebration was bitter sweet because I had an excisional biopsy planned for Thursday morning. I found a lump about three weeks ago very near where the original tumor was. I had a mastectomy with reconstruction originally. I havent really been too concerned about that side but there it was. The surgeon was optimistic and didn't think it was anything but I wanted to have the excisional biopsy as opposed to a core needle biopsy.

Well the results came in on Friday and it is cancer, the whole report wasn't back yet but I will find out more next week.

I just don't understand --- I went through all my treatment, a year of herceptin, tamoxifn and now more cancer. How come the herceptin and tamoxifin didn't get this? This probably sounds like a stupid question, and I probably know the answer but I just have to have it explained to me so it will sink down into my brain.

Thanks!
4 AC, 4 Taxotere finished 3/15/06
Currently on Herceptin and Tamoxifen
cherylynnie is offline   Reply With Quote