HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Erin

Unhappy Question about recurrance of HER2 BC

Hello All,

I am still quite anxious since I heard about Elizabeth Edwards...even though no one seems to know her HER2 status. So, in trying to put my mind at rest I have a couple of questions.

First of all, I know that no one can predict the course of BC. I also know that I have a great statistical "survival rate", but still I worry, as I am sure we all do, about a recurrance. I see so many women on this site who have had recurrances...but I also know the population sample is skewed. The women (and men) on this board are not a statistically accurate representation of the possible course of HER@ BC since those in treatment of some kind are more likely to read and post, and many who are done with treatment and NED have gotten back to thier regular lives and so don't read or post as much. BUT, it seems like almost eveyone who I've heard about with HER2 positive cancer has had a recurrance.

Does anyone have any stats or info on the likelyhood of recurrance as it relates to HER2 status? All I hear is that recurrance is "more likely", and that there is a "poorer prognosis". Does anyone have an inspiring story about someone who was diagnosed with HER2 positive BC and is happy and healthy and NED 10 years out, or even 5 years out?

Thanks for your info
SNB 3 nodes clear
Stage 1, Grade 2, HER2+++ (FISH 6.8)
ER + / PR +
TCH, 6 rounds, finished 6/1/07!!!
Herceptin to continue for 1 year
36 rads finished 8/22/07
Port out 8/27/07
Switched to Herceptin weekly for joint pain
Ooph 11/13/07
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote