HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
Cathy1

Good news for me!

Hi! I saw my onc today while getting my herceptin and first dose of zometa. I asked him if I should go back on xeloda because I just had surgery Mon. to remove what was bothering me under my arm where my mastectomy was nine years ago. The surgeon was able to remove 95% of it. He said,"No- nothing is jumping out at me that would make me put you on chemo right now. Remember, this is chronic- I have a patient that has little things like you and she has been stable on herceptin for years. You haven't been on an estrogen blocker and now I put you on femara and zometa and with the herceptin every three weeks, I expect good results. We will scan again in twelve weeks-(now I guess it's 8 wks.) and if things look good, you can stay on this.)If not, you can go on the xeloda then." I said, "What happens if that doesn't work anymore?" He said, "Then, we have a whole laundry list of other things that are out there." I told him that I loved how he was so positive and he reminded me that this is a long haul and chronic and that we have to stay up."
I feel great and am going to stay on that plan for now.
One other thing that bears out the remarkable effects that herceptin has- For over a month, I was in terrible pain from the mass that was under my arm. After not having herceptin since last summer, I had an infusion (the 3 wk. kind) and the pain was gone the next day and the swelling too!
(Of course constant prayer and Mass is at the heart of my treatment)
God Bless and Keep You All- Cathy
Cathy1 is offline   Reply With Quote