HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
CSheley

Question Xeloda not working - now what?

I've monitored this site for over a year and have gained great insight and reassurance from reading other postings. I'm at a point now where I need some outside support and advice. I had a PET scan this morning and talked to my oncologist just before leaving work. I have mets to lymph nodes in the collarbone area and under the chest bone that are progressing even after adding Xeloda to the Herceptin in Dec. 2006.

I've been on Herceptin since Nov 2005 every 3 weeks. When my cancer reoccured the first time, it was a skin rash across the chest along with lymph nodes in the neck and chest. After 4 rounds of Abraxane and Carboplatin all scans were clear so stopped the chemo but continued the Herceptin. A PET scan last fall showed activity in the same lymph node areas so started the Xeloda. The scan today shows it has a "mild" progression into more nodes in the chest area.

I won't kinow completely what this means until my doctor appointment on Wed but would like to know what options are available. His comment was to stop the Xeloda (which I had to do anyway because of the side affects) and "we will have to rethink the treatment." I would like to do some research and/or have some knowledge before my appointment on Wed.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn
CSheley is offline   Reply With Quote