HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
doh2pa
Deceased
 
doh2pa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chadds Ford, Pa
Posts: 206
Hi Stephanie,

I just finished up seven rounds of tri weekly taxotere for 2 liver mets. I took it along with herceptin. My side effects were hair loss, some neuropathy (tingling in feet mostly), and back and rib pain on the 4th or 5th day after treatment. This was manageable with Tylenol. I also began to get some nail issues after treatment #4. They started to hurt and began to turn white and greyish from the top down. This seems to be getting better now and I did not loose any nails. Also after treatment 4 I started to get excessive tearing in both eyes. This was so annoying, I could not wear my contacts and tears would just stream down my face all day long. This is just beginning to get better and I'm one month out. I took B6 and glutamine and it seemed to keep the neuropathy from getting too bad. I also took steriods the day before and morning of (hate them). No nausea, which was great.

My latest PET was good - no activity and my CAT showed the two spots were much smaller so my Onc is calling this stable and giving me 3 months off - yipppeeee!! So hopefully it will work for you. This was my 3rd round of chemo in as many years and I found this much more tolerable than the other two. So I think it's a good combo to try.

Hang tough - you'll get through this.

Donna
__________________
Donna
Diagnosed 2/04 - Invasive ductal - no clean margins
node negative - er+pr+, her2++
Mastectomy 4/04 - 4 rounds AC
9/05 - mets to liver treated with carbo/ixabipelone/herceptin
3/06 - complete remission
9/06 - new liver mets, starting Taxotere/Herceptin
1/07 -Liver mets stable, staying on Herceptin
5/07 - Liver, lung progression - starting T/X
12/07 - Liver, lung progression - starting weekly Navilbene/Herceptin
4/08 - Liver progression - started Abraxane, Carbo, Tykerb and Herceptin
7/08 - Liver Progression - started Gemzar, Avastin and Tykerb
10/08 - Liver progression - starting Doxil
doh2pa is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter