HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
TriciaK

The Utah TriciaK checkin' in!

THe info under my picture says Mesa, Az.,and I don't know how to change it, but I have been in St George, Utah for the past 4 months. This is now my permanent home and we love it here! I haven't posted for awhile but do keep up with others' posts. Like so many of you, I read every post prayerfully, sometimes with tears, sometimes with a smile. It's so good to read good news and see so many with courage and determination to keep fighting. You are truly Amazon warriors! I thought I should tell you that I had a PET scan a couple of weeks ago, and although my cancer markers are low-normal, the new oncologist I have now since moving felt that the left lung showed something "worrisome". I was not too worried because I have been NED the previous 2 PETS, and I suspect anything showing up is just the residue or scar tissue or whatever from the cancer mets in that left lung. My doctor felt a bronchoscopy was a good idea, though. I had one in 2004 when first diagnosed with this third round of mets, and it was not a good experience. I really didn't want to do another, but we have found that the medical programs here in St George, Utah are really outstanding, so decided to go ahead with this second bronchoscopy. I was at the hospital this morning at 6am (!) and went through the procedure. They did use my port, and everyone was so kind and helpful. The doctor explained in detail everything that she would do---which impressed me, because when I had tests in Az. no one would tell me anything unless I insisted, and they didn't want to use the port until I threatened to go home! The bronchoscopy was not fun, but I was under anesthesia a lot better than last time. It is 9pm now and I am just beginning to feel a little bit normal and be able to breathe and move without a lot of pain. I didn't lose much blood though, and I guess sleeping all day was the best way to recover. I'm glad it is over, and will let you know the results. I haven't read of many others having a bronchoscopy, but if you have to have one, while it is not fun, it is bearable. The doctor took several biopsy tissues and checked out the lower lung quite thoroughly. The results should tell us exactly what is happening and what to do next. Hopefully everything is fine. If not I am prepared to go back on herceptin or whatever will work best. I will continue to say "I am fighting cancer" and never "I have cancer"! I've fought BC for over 20 years now and I am not ready to give up yet! This website is still the greatest, and I send my love and prayers to all of you! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote