HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
naturaleigh

Suggestions on working

Hey folks,

When I was dx November 2005, I worked until my surgery in December 2005. I started my chemo treatments in jan 06 and stayed out of work for 6 months. When I went back, I went back 3 days a week (I am still on weekly Herceptin until early May). These 3 days are enough for me. Everyone is awaiting the arrival of May so that my life can go back to normal. Question 1: Does your life ever go back to normal?

My stomach goes into knots when I start thinking of going back to work full time. Everyone tells me I have to go back, (I have 7 yrs, 2 months before I can start getting my full retirement.) My job has been exceptionally good to me and as everyone here knows, I need my insurance. My mind and body are telling me to get a parttime job. My wallet, Doctor and hospital bills, insurance and friends and family are telling me I need to stay put.

Is anyone here experiencing the same feelings. What did you all do concerning work. My doctor told me I have 5 - 10 yrs survival rate, I am down a year, so if she is right, I am down 4 - 9 yrs. I would love to get a night time job, so I can have my days to walk, so I can prove my doctor wrong. I am also single, low income. Right now my cancer insurance is pulling me through. Don't mean to be whinning, would just like some feedback.

Thanks
naturaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote