HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
kristen

My sis just got dx, help!

Hi everyone, It's been a long time since I posted, I have been doing very well, passed my 3 year anniversary and so forth. I forget so much of what all you women keep straight in your minds, wonderful you are!

It is with sad news that I tell you now that my sister 53 yrs old was dx with BC this past December. She is stage II and had 3mm micro invasion on the sentinal lymphnode. The others were clean. Her oncologist sounds terrific, (we dont' live in the same cities) and is looking into studies and types of chemo regimens that would be appropriate for her. She is er+, her2+/pr borderline. She has had blood clots last year so they are saying that Tamoxifen will not be an option for her....Does this mean that the AI's would work for her and my big question, shouldn't her tumor be sent out to see if it is TOPO II or not? Didn't that come out at the meeting that it should be tested and that helps determine her plan of action?
This is all very new to her and I don't have all the info and neither does she of what kind of tx she will be on or suggested at this point. She told me he may have her do one kind of chemo for 4 tx.s and then another for 4. Any input that you ladies have I would appreciate and I know she will too. The journey is so long and so complicated and you make it all seem so easy. I know I would not be where I am today without all your support. I think the world of all of you.
She may post and ask more questions but I thought I would get it started for her. Love to you all. Take Care, k and thank you...
ps. anyone else have a sister who ended up being her2 and doesn't carry the gene?
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote