HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
sunny Lisa

Exclamation glad I found you, new and scared

HI, This is my first time posting and my story. I am 43 yrs old with a 2.5 yr old daughter. I am not brave...I am afraid. I have what they think is DCIS insitu (?) per a core biopsey. I found out later it should have been an open biopsey (changed Dr). I am ER neg and PR neg, HR2+++. The lymphnode under my arm is enlarged to 1.5 cm amd my tumor is palpable at 3cm. The MRI showed extensive cancer moving towards my chest wall and under arm area. I am scheduled for genetic testing on 11/30 and a bi lateral mastectomy 12/1. My choice to have both sides done with reconstruction,silicone implants at the same time. I do not know why I made this choice since I have very little knowledge about what is best. I sopke with an oncologist about Herception and having a port put in during this surgery and he almost tore my head off asking why I thought I would need Herceptin if my nodes turn out to be Neg. He said I do not need treatment if the nodes are neg??? He also said I should ask my husband if I should have both breasts removed!(have consult with new Dr). Pls give me feedback, Thanks, Lisa.
sunny Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote