HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #5
Susan
Senior Member
 
Susan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 73
Hi Sue:

I was on my 8th month of herceptin, and I also had my blood pressure go up. I was put on a diuritic, then put on a second blood pressure that was a ACE inhibitor. My Muga scores started to drop and I was getting short of breath. I skipped 2 cycles of herceptin, then had another MUGA, and it continued to go down. So now I'm through with herceptin, and the doctors are hoping my heart will go back to normal. I now see a cardiologist, and I haven't had herceptin since August. I am already off the one bp medication, and hopefully my blood pressure will also go back to normal. The oncologist said that there are European studies showing getting herceptin for 6 months is just as good as getting it for one year. I've always been in great shape, exercising all the time, so having this shortness of breath for me was scary. I've noticed in the last 2 weeks, it seems to be better. I'll be interested to see what happens when I have another Muga in January. But either way the oncologist at the University of Michigan says I'm done with herceptin.

Good Luck. Sue
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter