HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
Heart Sutra

Hello from a newbie

Thank you for being here.
I saw this site a couple of weeks ago when my beloved was diagnosed with Her2 3+ positive IDC, rated III/III. Tumor is about 2cm.
She is scheduled for a modified mastectomy on Dec. 5th ( first surgery was rescheduled due to surgical office staff incompetence), and as you all know, we'll know more then. We will post what we learn.
We're scared...
What I've learned thus far is that it is easy to find conflicting information about any of the myriad aspects of this disease. Even this topic of being Her2 positive is not one sided simple.
This is why my partner, Sue, stays away from the internet. For me, I've been searching for information as if I could discover a cure...desperation does that. And although I don't feel desperate, I know that I am, for she is all the world to me and I want her to be healthy and happy.
For the most part we're positive, but those other moments do come. I'm sure you know...
I am truly grateful to all of you who've shared your stories, you serve others more than you might know. Thank you a million times.
---Kevin---
Heart Sutra is offline   Reply With Quote