HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2006, 07:22 AM   #3
astrid
Senior Member
 
astrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central North Carolina, USA
Posts: 112
The first time they ALWAYS deliver it slowly. The usual is 90 minutes. The reason for this is that it is very hard on your heart, so they are looking for an adverse or an allergic reaction. I did not do well the first time. I experienced a fever all night long that would go up and down sporadically. I had a headache for 3 days. So the next two times I also received the drug for 90 minutes. My ONC changed my orders to be 90 minutes. The 4<SUP>th</SUP> & 5<SUP>th</SUP> time I tried 60 minutes and because my order still said 90 minutes, I had to get my ONC to change my orders to 30 minutes. I still feel very tired the evening of my infusion, but I can handle the 30 minutes fine. I am surprised they did not go from 90 to 60 and then to 30, but I guess as you did well the first time, you are fine to go 30 every time from now on.
__________________
DX 11/14/05, Stage 1C, Her2+ 3.4, ER+, PR+, K167 23%, Node Negative, MX0, Grade 3, 1.8CM, Lumpectomy 12/7/05; 6 rounds dense dose Taxol bi-weekly, 35 radiation, 1 year Herceptin, & Tamoxifen ongoing.
astrid is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter