HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2006, 10:18 AM   #1
madubois63

hello from madubois63 11/20/06

Hello from gloomy <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:City w:st=[/img]Buffalo</ST1</st1:City>!! I hope the sun comes out soon. There were flurries today, but it is supposed to get warmer for the rest of the week. I haven't had internet service all weekend, and it was good to get on line and read. You are all in my prayers, and I miss you so much but feel your love everyday and every minute!!!! It is now day 17 after the transplant!! I can't believe it is behind me. It was tough, but it could have been so much worse. I thank God, all our angels and all your prayers for getting me through this. I am being discharged from the hospital TOMORROW!!! I was going to be staying at the Kevin Guest House apartment (cheap - insurance would pay), but there is no room available for me so I will be staying at Hope Lodge (free) in the private suite. I love the Hope Lodge and am familiar and comfortable there, so this is not a disappointment to me. My family is coming in on Thursday so dearest Ursula (Gigsons) has lovingly offered to baby sit me for the 2 nights. I will spend most of the day in the clinic, so I hope to be the least bit of inconvenience to her - especially during the holiday madness. As to my progress, my counts are bouncing back. My eyes are still a little blurry (distance) because of one of the steroids I was getting and my hands shake a bit. I had a bit of a problem with my lung (where the BC used to be). Lying around for a few days didn't help, but I am up and about now so the breathing is getting better. I walked 3/4 mile on the treadmill yesterday and I get to go to the therapy room today (yeah) and do some Pilates exercises. I change my own sheets - just another form of exercise and also do some arm exercises with small hand weights. My arms actually look a little toner. I am hoping after a week or so they will let me go home and continue clinic care at Stony Brook. We hope to get Corporate Angel Flights to take us home on a bigger plane - my mom won't go on the small plane!! I can see a future and it is very, very nice. Thank you all for carrying me this far!!! Happy Thanksgiving and blessings to you all!!!
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver