HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
skoolmom

post treatment tests?

I am done with chemo and radiation. In Jan. I will be done with my Herceptin (24 doses). My onc tells me he isn't having me do anymore pet, bone or cat scans or anything if I'm not having any problems. He tells me that the cancer is gone with the surgery,chemo and radiation. He also hasn't done tumor markers you guys have talked about he feels not accurate. He has done muga scans frequently though. What has everybody else had done when treatment was done to tell you that you are cancer free? Should I also be worried that I'll be done with Herceptin? I know the pet scans are expensive but shouldn't I be demanding one for at least a piece of mind that there are no mets? I had my first mamogram since dx and it was fine. I am one year from dx on Oct. 26 and one year from surgery Nov.18!

I had infiltrating ductal type, poorly differentiated,ER/PR - and Her2/nue 3t positive, stage II, grade 3. I had a wide incision, needle wire localization lumpectomy and sentinal nodes removed, one node positive.

I love all of your advice and experiences. I have posted this web site on the bulletin board at the onc and have told everyone I meet that is Her2 positive to go to this site I love it. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.
skoolmom is offline   Reply With Quote