HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
rhondat123

help pls

iam 34 and have 2 kids . i was dx with mammery carcinoma in august 24 2006. it is stage 1 i had an exbopsy and then lumpectomy with snb which all came back clear. i was told a vessel was found with a few cells in it not sure of invasion there but the original path said i had infilterating tissue invasion but the lumpectomy got it all. it was also her2pos so the doc has sent me for many test and all came back clear ned. the doc says because of age and 1st path that i have to start 3mths ac every 3 wks and then 3mths weekly taxol and herceptin and finish herceptin for another6 mths weekly then rads and tamox. i have a tubal already. i am shocked at the aggresive treatment and im scared to death does this sound right? my tumor was 1.7 cm. also pls tell me what to expect and if you think ill be terribly sick or can i have somewhat of a normal life for 6 mths. i have never been sick and do my diagnosis seem to be good? doc says i have great prognosis and he thinks i may never see it again? anyone had these same treatments? just want to know what to expect i will start treatment nov1 and get port that day also!!!!!
rhondat123 is offline   Reply With Quote