HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
Sandy H

Still waiting for Tykerb!

Well, here it is going on 10 weeks. Was told today, after signing forms, it would be here on Monday Aug. 28th. I did tell them I just don't think we should have to wait this long!! She said its because I am the first to get it at my hospital and so all the paperwork had to be done and the next patients it would much easier and not take so long. I told her I would hope so and that would be wonderful but it still does not help me. Patients can die in that length of time!!! I felt bad because last week I got angry with the Data Manager and she called me every day to see if I was o.k.!!! I told her I am sorry I am wasting everyone's time on so much paperwork as it seems that is all I have heard. I told her my cancer isn't hearing a word she is telling me as it keeps right on working eating up my body and killing me. My skin mets do not show up on any scans, or tumor markers so it looks as though I am fine. I told her when your chest feels like it is covered with bacon fat burning and nothing stops it then 10 weeks is a long time to wait!!! Well, I had to vent and so we continue to wait and I know its only 7 more days but that is still a long time when bacon fat is on fire!!!! My heart goes out to others who may be in the waiting mode. Looks like if you are the first one to get it at your facility then you have a long wait. I asked her what about those that don't have the time to wait?? I am praying its not too late for me. Thanks for listening to me vent. I had a call from our dear Angel Christine last evening and I felt so much better after talking to her it made me feel like someone really cares about us!!! hugs, Sandy

Last edited by Sandy H; 08-21-2006 at 04:09 PM..
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote