HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
SusanV

Need help with the Lingo

Well, the week ahead will definatley be significant in my fight for life. Having an ultrasound tomorrow to take a second look at a " small scattered area of enhancement" that showed up on my MRI. Surgery scheduled for Tuesday to remove the two(2) Her2 + Lumps from Right Breast. Won;t know the stats on the nodes until pathology takes a look, hopefully by Friday.

This site makes me feel good, and the information is great, BUT my DX was last Thursday, and I am really trying to feel my way around with all the terms that are new to me.

When anyone has time, could you offer some help with things I don't understand..

Like.. I know that my cancer is Her 2 + I also know that it is hormone dependant, I know that it is at a nicular rate 3, I know I have two tumors both small at this point

I don't know the stage yet, till the surgery and pathology stuff on the nodes.

Are the number of +'s after the Her 2 different types? What is the ER/PR that I see, some negative and some + ? What do they mean?

I know that of the cancers that are diagnosed my surgeon said only 25% of those are HER 2 + (Lucky us)... Could you all fill me in on what makes this cancer different. I have figured out that it has a likley hood to reappear somewhere else in your body, but what else?

Trying to figure out all this stuff, and looking forward to the surgery on Tuesday.

Susan V in PA

**ALso what is NED ?

Last edited by SusanV; 08-13-2006 at 07:29 PM..
SusanV is offline   Reply With Quote