HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2004, 07:50 AM   #1
Steph N.

FYI...7 pos nodes, er-/pr-, and her2 overexpressed

Hi -
this is exactly the same as my tumor and nodes info (I had 8 pos nodes). You do not say if your wife is overexpressed +2 or +3.
I only mention this as it seems to make some difference in success of treatment for mets. (I am +3 and had good results so far.)
Docs don't generally seem to want to talk stats with a patient unless pressed and asked to write them down in a way that means something to a patient.
Mine did not like the numbers game although gave me some data as I was in a trial with Taxotere early on. It did not work for me - I wanted herceptin, but there was almost NO way to get it 3 years ago. The trial was randomized and I said I would try the Taxotere trial to KNOW what I was getting on dx.
What I want to stress is that since we have no way to know how our disease will progress, but that there is a high liklihood it will progress, we need to change some things about our diets and exposure to environmental toxicity that may help. A lot of us have been talking about how to cut sugar on this board. As well as avoiding foods with added hormones that may stimulate tumors.
Many of us take a lot of antioxidants in several forms once we are off chemo. We do what we can to try and take charge of something that is sneaky and insidious. And we go on living our lives in as efficient a manner as we can. The spectre is with us, but we try to keep it as far in the background as possible.
Your wife is fortunate to have a hubby who wants to be of so much help. Maybe you can do some research on foods that have anticancer properties as well as going organic and building up her defense system.
Being healthy going into mets IS a big factor, should it occur.
We all pray that she will not have to battle more - but if it becomes necessary, she has some good allies.