HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #1
Jackie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hi Ally,
I am er+, her2+++ with mets to bones & skin. I was on tamoxifen briefly after initial surgery, chemo & rads in 2001, but switched to femara after developing a blood clot. Mets to bones occurred in Dec, 2002, and I tried 3 different aromase inhibitors (or hormonal drugs) with no success. Disease progressed and spread to skin. I began herceptin with navelbine July, 2003, which was very effective (tumor markers dropped like a rock!) until Jan, 2004, and am now on gemzar + herceptin wkly, + zomeda given monthly to strengthen the bones, a new premed called Aloxi, and aranesp given via IV every other wk for low red blood count. My inital tumor was a fairly uncommon type called lobular which is quite aggressive. I agree that you might benefit from a 2nd opinion, and a 3rd if necessary!! The stakes are high and it's up to you to seek out the best medical treatment for yourself. Hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter