HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-01-2004, 01:02 AM   #1
pattyd

by all means get scanned regularly not wait for symptoms- I waited til I had symptoms -had an MRI which showed 6 tumors- had WBR- but my former onc would not even do a follow up scan-said there was no point unless I had symptoms.my former onc . I said baloney and changed doctors. My new one is very willing to refer me for anything I want. I was dx with the brain mets last Aug- then I had a follow up in Nov which showed one new lesion - the radiation dr did not think anything was nec at that time - and I felt ok. But about 2 months ago I started having headaches and kind of lightheadedness so I had an MRI which showed a total of 3 lesions all under 1 cm. I decided to wait on things because I was having other problems to deal with but I am going to see at my next visit if I can talk to the radiation dr again about gamma knife - Hopefully that will be an option.
So please stay on top- get regular brain acans along with any others you need. I have a regular schedule every 3 months for various scans, and an echo and I am definately adding the brain MRI to the list. God Bless. Pattyd