HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-25-2004, 12:22 AM   #1
Vicki

Hi Jane,

Your situation sounds very similar to mine as do the responses. As you can see from what I wrote to the board yesterday, I, too, have to decide how to proceed and want to do as much as I can without doing what's harmful. (My FISH was 4.13). You're raising very good questions that help all of us and I wish you the very best.

Copied from posting under "Quick Response needed...":I just received a call from my medical oncologist and your quick response is appreciated. I'm due for my sixth chemo this week (May 27, '04)of FAC (have been going every 3 weeks). I've asked my doctor several times about my node negative T1N0 status and my high 8/9 Bloom-Richardson score and 3+ her2-neu status and the merits of taking Herceptin at this early stage.

She just called today and said that if I would like to switch my sixth chemo to Carbo-taxol (4 cycles) every three weeks and then have Herceptin on the fourth week for 12 weeks, I can do do this.

I am in a quandary, because I have been a "curious cat" about this and now that Herceptin is being offered to me, I'm wondering if I'm doing the right thing or rushing this a bit. I was so ready to start growing my hair back and getting back to work next week. Please let me know your thoughts, especially those of you who may have a similar status (I was diagnosed in Dec., 2003 with Paget's Disease, DCIS and infiltrating ductal carcinoma and three negative nodes from Sentinel node; had surgery Jan. 8, 2004, skin-sparing mastectomy of right breast and immediate reconstruction). Thanks for everything. I appreciate your input in helping me decide before this Thursday.

Vicki in Calif.