HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-30-2004, 12:29 PM   #1
Lisa S.

I had something weird happen to me once. I was in excruciating pain. I mean the kind that knocks the wind out of you! It was a constant, unrelenting pain directly over my liver area, right side by the ribs. I couldn't get any relief! I finally went to the doctor and I was convinced he'd tell me I had recurred to the liver. He wasn't as convinced, and sent me for a CT of the abdomen. Came back OK. I think it was within a day some spots came out on my skin and when the doc looked at them, he said I had SHINGLES!!!! How cruel and wicked for them to come right on my liver area of all places. Shingles is no joke, that pain was horrific! I think it was from all the stress I was going through being that it was 2 days after Sept 11, 2001. Just goes to show you even though we are breast cancer survivors doesn't mean we still can't get all the other medical problems that are unrelated to breast cancer. Unfortunately we always have to be sure it's not the cancer so our lives will always consist of scanning and waiting....
Lisa