HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
lindaw

Lyn

Haven't heard from you for a while are you ok?

love
linda
lindaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
Lolly

Yes, I'm wondering the same. I was going to post the same question but Linda beat me to it! It seems I remember you were going to have to change oncs as Boris was leaving for the UK? Anyway, let us know, we miss you

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #3
Lyn
A Living Legend

Unhappy

Hi guys, thanks for caring, no I am not ok, Boris is only on holiday for a week or so thankfully and if I need too I can see a stand in, never had one yet I could rely on. I have herceptin on Tuesday. I just returned from the Holiday from Hell, and I now know why I wasn't excited about going in the first place with 18 friends and family, a couple of days into the cruise and I slipped on deck, flat on my back, slippery floor so I don't know yet if I have any new fractures, I had a MRI on the Friday before I left on my neck and spine to see if any mets, I get those results tomorrow, I am glad I didn't cancel the MRI for the 6 March, it seems we went through a cyclone and I was so sick, if I could have got to top deck I would have jumped off. My daughter had a compacted wisdom tooth on the cruise, luckily I had meds with me to help with the pain and inflammation so I have to take her to the dentist tomorrow. I am still knocked around from the dry reaching and vomiting, I never experienced anything like it during my treatments and I was taking my nausea meds, the good prescription ones, so I don't have much faith in them anynmore. My hubby was also sick and we shared a cabin with my so called best friend of 17 years and our daughter. They say you never really no someone until you live with them, she complained about the pettiest things and was totally put out when she wanted to watch a movie in the middle of the day, Ron was laying on her bottom bunk, shortest route to the bathroom and I was half dead on my bunk, seems we were a little too inconsiderate for her, apparently we should have carried on as if we were looking forward to watching a movie with her as well, she wanted Ron to climb up onto his top bunk with a bucket, didn't matter about the other end of his body, it seems she had a whinge to all of my relatives, whom she had nothing to do with before and managed to gain their sympathy, even to the stage my sister questioned me today wanting to know where Ron was all of one day it seems they never saw him, implying that he was having an on ship romance, if they had bothered to see how I was they would have seen him on the bunk next to me. The same sister carried on to my daughter when my daughter didn't want to purchase a photo we had taken, that was because I had already seen the photo of me and my daughter and I said no way do I want to have a photo where I look like that, I am not photo genic, she then bought it herself trying to make my daughter feel guilty by saying that this may be the last holiday I have, news for her, it won't be cruise I can guarantee but I am going no where, it seems the more elements thrown at me the stronger I get, I now know why I had stopped talking to her for so many years, we only got back together when our dad died in 2003. Ron was trying to pack our suit cases while he was ill, and my so called friend came in for her gear and just stepped over him and said she was staying in my other sisters cabin, and never spoke to me again, not even a goodbye. My other sister and sister in law came and finished the packing and just assumed we would know they would because we would have done the same thing for them, their love is genuine, and of course the friend and my first sister bagged Casey the whole time. Well I ache all over like I have been run over by a steam roller, I can't get enough energy to stay out of bed for long and I am going to have to drag myself to the dentist with Casey first thing in the morning, a plus is that I can get my results at the same time. I am having FNB on Tuesday, I went on the Friday to be told that the times were wrong and I was 1/2 late, not by my diary I wasn't and I told them I have been doing this long enough now to know, any way they refused to do it, said the doc was snowed under with sutches, yeah right during my appointment time, so I walked out and refused to make another appointment, when I got to the first port on the cruise I made the appointement at another branch, so at the moment nothing is looking rosey or positive. I will let you know my results tomorrow of the MRI. And to top it all off, I probably already mentioned it, my son's partner of the last 3 years, has decided she wants to be single again, they just purchased a home together in November and she wants it all, the one in the middle is the 4 year of step daughter who we may not see again, she was like our very own and I found it very upsetting. Well I am going to take all of my pain meds now and go back to bed.

Love & Hgus Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
Barbara H.

Wow!! What a vacation in the negative sense! You certainly are a survivor, Lyn. Now that you are home I hope that you can heal and get some of your energy back.
Thinking of you,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
chrislmelb

Oh Lyn, you poor thing. Bloody friends!
I have been meaning to post a message for ages regarding one of your posts. When people were writing what they do in the other part of their life ie employment, you said that you tell people you are a cancer experiment. Well that really tickled my fancy and i still laugh about it now when i recall it.
Now you can try to relax a bit and look after yourself.
Take care
Christine
chrislmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #6
Lolly

Lyn, I am just sitting here shaking my head...that really WAS the vacation from Hell. Your former "friend" really needs a swift kick in the keister for treating you all that way. But I've discovered that like you say, people's true colors come out when faced with adversity. Your sister and "friend" showed theirs, for sure. YOU, on the other hand, came through with humor and strength of character intact. You are amazing. Hope you feel better tomorrow, and let us know asap how the tests came out.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote