HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-18-2004, 06:40 AM   #1
rick

I thought that you could not receive RFA if you had mets outside the liver as well. My wife has skin and a small lesion on the liver
thanks
Old 05-24-2004, 11:11 PM   #2
Joe

RFA stands for Radio Frequency Ablation. Click on the link below to learn more.

Warmest Regards
Joe
Old 05-25-2004, 03:29 AM   #3
Steph N

Hi -
My tumors were too numerous to even consider this procedure. It was only toward the end of my treatment when the one stubborn tumor was holding out that we put this idea on the front burner. Fortunately the last three treatments knocked it out and I did not need the surgery.
Guess that tumor knew it was going to go one way or another!
Old 09-30-2004, 01:39 PM   #4
Jerri

Jessica,

I had open RFA to a liver tumor in November of 2001. Although I have had multiple recurrences at other sites, my liver has remained clean since that time. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Jerri
Old 10-07-2004, 12:23 PM   #5
jessica

Hi Jerri~
Thanks for offering to answer my questions re:RFA.I've had 2 consults for RFA to the single lesion, both say NO.Well, that's not completely accurate-the Radiologist said he can't do RFA b/c it's in such a tricky spot (too close to 2 major blood vessels)& the Hepatobiliary surgeon says no for now, do more chemo, see if it's working & or if I have progression, do a biopsy, change chemo & maybe do RFA in the future.
I finally talked to my onc today & she says, maybe RFA, just do more chemo first.See if it's working, if yes, continue w/MORE chemo, then scan again and RFA what's left.
That's seems backwards to me & I'm pretty frustrated that everyone seems to want to rely on chemo, more chemo, more chemo & rather than utilize an approach is more efficient.I am relieved that I am having some chemo, but if RFA is a good option, why not use it?
Can you share w/me your circumstances?Thanks so much, please feel free to email me directly @ jmalucas4@aol.com
Take good care & Keep the faith!
Jessica
Old 07-16-2006, 02:00 AM   #6
Unregistered

rfa

hi my father has liver cancer ,where can rfa be performed .

many thanks

danny perkins uk