HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
astrid

Rib pain, should I be worried?

I had a bone scan on January 17th. The scan came back clear. I finished Chemo in Mid March and completed radiation last week. I started having pain in my lower right rib area in March. It does not hurt all the time and is not really painful. Sometimes it is itchy. I had an ultrasound of my liver, gallbladder etc. They were clear. I am now worried that it is my bones. It has been five months since the last bone scan am I being paranoid?
astrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
Roz

Smile

I had my mastectomy almost three years ago and I still have rib pain from time to time. My surgeon said it was common. For the first year I had it a lot and now it is less, but still there. Sometimes I have to wear a really loose bra so that the pain and itching will subside.
Roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #3
sassy

Astrid,

I have had rib pain since mast in Feb 05. It does come and go and there are times my bra does seem to contribute to soreness.

Sassy
________
HugeAddicted

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:48 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
LOPSIDED

I HAD MASTECTOMY AND HAVE ALSO HAD RIB PAIN ON THE SAME SIDE OFF & ON. SOME OF THE CHEMO I TOOK HAD ME COUGHING A-LOT AND SOMETIMES I FELT LIKE I WOULD CRACK A RIB. I'M ON HERCEPTIN NOW AND NO MORE COUGHING OR RIB PAIN ( NOT LATELY ANYWAY). I REMEMBER BEING SCARED AND THINKING ITS IN MY LUNGS. AFTER TAXOTERE I DEVELOPED A-LOT OF JOINT & BONE PAIN AND THOUGHT-- YEP ITS IN MY BONES NOW. IF I COULD JUST QUIT WORRYING ABOUT THINGS THAT HAVEN'T HAPPENED---I'M WORKING ON THAT------
LOPSIDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #5
Becky

Me too. I had a bone scan and CT scan and all was clear (did everything to be sure). Had the pain (comes and goes) for weeks before (and continues now). My onc and radialogist say it is from the radiation.

Becky
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #6
Chelee

I have had rib pain on the right side since I started chemo in Feb. 06. I have mentioned it to my oncologist many times because it hurts. Its not terrible pain...but enough that I know its there. (Concerns me.) I just had my PET/CT scan and they said there is nothing there and not to worry.

What I find interesting since I was first DX with bc...I have read so many posts on two different boards with women talking about rib pain. I have been reading about that for the last five months. So for whatever reason...seems to be a common worry/concern of many women going through this.

Like I mentioned I have had rib pain on the right side...and I have NOT had radiation yet. I have one more month of chemo to finish. I sure wish I knew what causes this pain.

Chelee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:28 AM   #7
astrid

Thanks

Thanks guys, this does make me feel better. I had a lumpectomy on the left side. My pain is on the right side and it started during chemo and then went away and came back just recently after radiation. Well, I’m going to mention it to my doc on Wednesday when I start herceptin and keep a pain dairy so I can track it.
astrid is offline   Reply With Quote