Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-20-2005, 03:18 AM   #1
Unregistered

Ancient Chinese Remedy Shows Potential in Preventing Breast Cancer

Food for thought.

RB

http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/516894/

ABSTRACT

A derivative of the sweet wormwood plant used since ancient times to fight malaria and shown to precisely target and kill cancer cells may someday aid in stopping breast cancer before it gets a toehold.

In a new study, two University of Washington bioengineers found that the substance, artemisinin, appeared to prevent the onset of breast cancer in rats that had been given a cancer-causing agent. The study appears in the latest issue of the journal Cancer Letters.

“Based on earlier studies, artemisinin is selectively toxic to cancer cells and is effective orally,” according to Henry Lai, research professor in the Department of Bioengineering, who conducted the study with fellow UW bioengineer Narendra P. Singh, a research associate professor in the department. “With the results of this study, it’s an attractive candidate for cancer prevention.”
Old 12-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #2
Rupali

I know in Dr. Clarks protocol to cure cancer she uses wormwood. I want to try Dr. Clark protocol at some time.

Has anyone tried that?
Rupali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
Christine MH-UK

They are also trying to make it more effective

http://www.uwnews.org/article.asp?articleID=8139

Very interesting work.
Christine MH-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #4
Rupali

http://www.drclark.com/p_chart.htm
Old 12-20-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
Rupali

http://altmedangel.com/cancherb.htm

The more I read about this plant, the more I am getting convinced that this can work. I also bought a book written by Dr. Hulda Clark that says Cure for al Cancers and she has documented case histories. I am amazed that noone on this site has used this.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #6
Unregistered

Fascinating.

Very interesting posts.

Certainly looks worth further investigation as another dietary add on.

RB
Old 12-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #7
Gina

I have tested Clarks remedies...

and found them to be somewhat effective at managing my her-2 mediated illness, but not curative. By that I mean there may be something "real" in the regimen that is effective...as those of you who have read her work know, she also recommends using a special green walnut tincture...as walnuts are one of the most rich sources of oleic acid...I have wondered if there may be some connection to the walnut tinture and the oleic acid helping the her-2 part. She also recommends the use of very strong, fresh, ground cloves...I think this hits the same general things that some of us use tumeric for...similar properties. The wormwood is a bit hard to take. Interestingly in myself...it produced neurapathy, almost as bad as the taxols do...perhaps there is some synergy there...I am not sure. I have tried the complete long- term regimen on several different occasions, but did not find it as curative as the claims made in the case studies in her book--but it is possible most of those folks were NOT her-2 patients...keep that in mind as her-2 has a very specific signature and is not like other cancers..fyi., but I did find some benefit from Clark's regimen and except for the neurapathy and the inconvenience of following the rather complicated dosing schedule, I did not find it harmful to me..but in general, excepting for the her-2 stuff..I am more healthy than the average person on the street--LOL--...so if you have had kidney problems or other illnesses you really should check with your doctors first, just to be on the safe side. It is also interesting, though, that she picks up on the elevation of GGT in the liver--many her-2 folks exhibit this pattern of high GGT when the her-2 is active...but she calls it by some other name--some sort of "alcohol" I think..sorry, its been a few years since I read the book..but anyway...if you want to try it out...get a base line of your own GGT and all your tumor markers BEFORE you start..and then monitor these same numbers over time as you take the regimen and see how you do. If at any time you start getting worse...or feeling worse..use good ol' common sense and stop and have yourself checked out to be sure you are not doing yourself any harm.... Also, I would be interested to find out if any one else on this site has given Clark's remedy a serious try and find out what they thought about it.

Thanks for bringing this one up. I was going to discuss some of her theory in the her-2 origins CHAT room on Jan. 1 at 8:00pm if folks were interested as SOME parts of her theory dovetail my own..but we come out at two very different places...

Take care,
Gina
GPopp@Comcast.net
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:54 AM   #8
Unregistered

Tatle of Fat contents of foods

Here is a useful table.

Exact figures vary from place to place.

If it an alcohol extract tincture and taken in realtively small amounts I would no think the fat content is the key factor.

Walnuts are very high in anti oxidants.

Walnuts are highish in omega sixes which should be taken into account in looking at intake.

I will try and find a chemical analysis.

RB

http://www.curezone.com/foods/fatspercent.asp

Looking after / buying your oil

http://www.artpurveyors.com/rancidity.html