HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
mickey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
OHSU has a trial going to turn er- into er+ allowing these new + people the opportunity for hormome drugs like tamoxafin? Herceptin alone does not seem to work for me and my onc would like me to do this. Anyone know anything about this? Wish me luck and send prayers my way. I am leaving for my first MRI since WBR
Mickey
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:17 AM   #2
Lisa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I'm not familiar with this trial...sounds strange. I was initially er+, but my mets were er-. I was on Tamoxifen and Arimidex for about a year and one-half. Since I ended up er-, the drugs probably wouldn't have helped me even if I'd taken them the recommended 5 years. But if we second-guess ourselves too much on this path, we will drive ourselves mad.

Like you, the Herceptin alone doesn't do it for me. That's true for about 1/3 of us. Hey, I'd be happy if the Herceptin PLUS chemo worked!

Let us know about your MRI.

Love and light,

Lisa
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
Kristen
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Good Luck Mickey!
I don't know anything about the study, but I am sure our research group will be on it! Let us know how your MRI comes out. Best to you! K
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
StephN
Senior Member
 
StephN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Misty woods of WA State
Posts: 4,128
Dear Mickey -
Thinking positive thoughts for a clean scan this time!!
I am sure you can do it. ;)
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #5
Lolly
Senior Member
 
Lolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,756
Mickey, best wishes for a clean-as-a-whistle scan! Am curious about this OHSU trial, can you post a link?

<3,
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter