HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
eric
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I'm happy to let everyone know that my wife Caryn and I will be going to Seattle for her first vaccine next Wednesday. We're not sure which vaccine since they said that she's eligible for a new trial as well as the one she applied for. I will try and get a clear enough understanding of the 2 options so that I can communicate them effectively to all of you when we return.

I look forward to (her) contributing but BOY do I hope this works for her for a VERRRRRY long time (50 years would be nice)! Both me and my two kids love and need her desperately.

My best to all,
Eric
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
al from canada
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Eric,

I wish you and especially Caryn the very best of luck with both her treatments and your trip to Seattle. The staff at U of W are second to none and when you comment about the kids and you needing her for a very long time; believe me, I know exactly what you mean because we are in the same situation here.

Linda is on a short list for the U of W trial and hopefully we will meet within the next 1/2 year. Linda has probably 3-4 cycles of treatment left with Xeloda (3 weeks per cycle) and then stable disease for 1 month after. I have done extensive research into the various vaccines and I strongly feel that the Seattle one is the gold standard of the vaccine trials. You chose well and we look forward to your postings and anecdotal accounts.

All the best,

Al and Linda
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
joy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
We are all sending our best wishes, for all of you, to Seattle! I'm so excited that this process is beginning. I look forward to your explanations and insights as they are always so helpful! Thank you also, Eric, for your words of wisdom for my anxiety, it helped.

Seattle is such a great place to visit and a wonderful city to eat your way through. I hope there is some time for that.

Bon Voyage,
Joy
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
StephN
Senior Member
 
StephN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Misty woods of WA State
Posts: 4,128
Hello Eric -
As I live in Seattle (in the northern 'burbs actually), hopefully we can find a way to meet on one of your trips to the U of W.
I am also prescreened for the upcoming DNA trial, but have not had a phone call yet that it is getting close to enrolling.
My e-mail is
ambergrad@aol.com

If you will be here for a couple of days, maybe there will be time to meet as I live about 20 minutes from the UW.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
*_celina_*
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Best of luck to Caryn! Keep us posted, Eric.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:53 PM   #6
MGordon
Senior Member
 
MGordon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 131
Eric -

Thanks for the news and plase keep us posted. I hope that another 50 years is a mere drop in the bucket!

Love and Light
Mel
MGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:43 PM   #7
Rozebud
Senior Member
 
Rozebud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 107
Best of luck to her - I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 08:32 PM   #8
Lolly
Senior Member
 
Lolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,756
Eric, that's WONDERFUL NEWS! You'll find the staff and doctors to be top-notch, and I'll be looking forward to your return post....CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND CARYN!!!

<3,
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #9
eric
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thanks to all. I spoke to Dr Webster there and actually got a better understanding of the 2 studies. They are the same vaccine, just different criteria to get in. As a result, we'll let them put Caryn into which ever they prefer.

I did get learn something new, that I found interesting and exciting. UWA has a new trial for people that have a recurrence after getting vaccinated. As I understand it, they will pull t-cells from the tumor, multiply them in the lab and then inject them back into the patient. Apparently Sloan has done this for melanoma with great success.

I'll post after Caryn's appointment on Wednesday.

Best regards,
Eric
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:28 PM   #10
judiek
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Eric,

This is great news...best of luck

warmly,

judiek
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:57 PM   #11
imported_Joe
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Eric or anyone involved in the trials at Univ of Wasington.

Try to remember to take a digital camera along with you. We'd like to see pictures of the staff.

Warmest Regards
Joe
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:21 PM   #12
Lolly
Senior Member
 
Lolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,756
Joe, I have to confess that EVERY time we've headed to Seattle, about halfway there we realize that we've forgotten the camera AGAIN!
Will tie a string around my finger so I don't forget next time : )

<3,
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter