HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2004, 01:28 AM   #1
Lisa

Friends,
Thanks to those of you who sent me prayers and positive energies for my CT scan last week. Here are the results: still several "low density areas" in the right and left liver lobes, but decreased in size (have not yet seen films to determine HOW decreased). No new masses in liver!
Nothing in spleen and pancreas! Kidneys, adrenal glands normal! No masses in heart area! No lesions in brain! No masses in lungs!No pleural effusion!Lesions in spine same, no new ones!

BUT..."prominent soft tissue compnent to the base of the uterus...hazy appearnace in the perirectal fat and tissue planes than on previous exam...this haziness blends into the...uterine mass." So what does this mean? No clue. My onc is out of town this week. I'll find out more next week.

Love and healing light,

Lisa
Old 03-31-2004, 01:35 AM   #2
Lolly

Lisa,
Overall, excellent results! The worry quotient should be considerably reduced. Keep us posted about the other as soon as you know; it's hopefully nothing to be worried about.
hugs, Lolly
Old 03-31-2004, 02:43 AM   #3
Pam

Lisa -- I've been thinking about you & waiting to see you post. I agree, sounds like mostly good news & hoping the 'shady' area will be nothing to worry about. How cruel, though, to have to wait so long to get an interpretation. Will be thinking about you as you wait to talk to your onc. Pam
Old 03-31-2004, 04:26 AM   #4
Steph N.

Dear Lisa -
Just KNEW that the Navelbine would have the desired effect on your liver tumors. I know of several cases where it did the trick for the bones as well.
How long since your last scan??
I cannot recall how long you have been on this treatment. To kick out all my tumors I had to have Taxol with the Navelbine and get really tough! But, it was worth the battle for me. If those other tumors in your spine do not resolve somewhat you may need to add another component to your routine. I would want some action there!
As for the other "hazy area" - this I know nothing about as never had something like this show up. Maybe they will want to give you some other marker tests to rule out something else. Or do a biopsy and get right to the heart of the matter. In any case, you are doing VERY WELL all in all. (Darn docs - always off to a conference or a new golf resort!)
Keep up your True Grit!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:17 AM   #5
Kitty

Lisa,

Overall good news....don't know what the hazy stuff is but I'll go for gas.. Hopefully nothing more than that, but if so, I am sure you will get that cleared up as well. Here's to continued regression of mets!!!!!
Kitty
Old 04-02-2004, 04:48 AM   #6
lindaw

Dear Lisa

It sounds like good news to me. Hope the hazy areas is nothing.

love
lindaw