HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #1
cgalbraith

I just looked on the Roche website (www.roche.com) and they have a press release out stating that the International trials also showed positive results in utilizing Herceptin on early stage breast cancer patients. Unfortunately there is not any specific information on how much improvement the data showed. The international study is a bit different from the U.S. study as it included node-negative and positive patients (I'm node negative so the Internation study is of particular interest to me) and included a variety of different regimes of treatment, e.g., giving Herceptin after traditional chemo and radiation. If anyone finds anything other info, please post. I'm going to keep looking to see if I can find anything further. I'm seeing my oncologist in a couple of days, but she's already agreed to give me Herceptin now, even though I finished chemo in January and finished radiation about four weeks ago.
-Christine (Stage I, node negative, 1.0 cm tumor, ER+, PR+ HER2neu+++, grade 3)
Old 04-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
Christine Adams

Hi Christine (great name!)

Thanks for the heads-up on the Roche press release. If I've done this correctly, the link should be posted below...

Cheers,

/Christine (in Vancouver)

Roche/HERA press release