HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
Lani

Thumbs up research hope---preventing breast cancer by not letting it get past DCIS

I believe I previously wrote about a trial of chloroquine given "neoadjuvantly" for DCIS

Here it appears that simultaneously blocking her1/2 and notch 3 may stop DCIS in its tracks (both her2+ and her2- DCIS) before it invades. Her2+ IDC is particularly commonaly associated with adjacent DCIS and DCIS is felt to be a precursor of IDC. There is more her2+ DCIS than IDC, so not all DCIS becomes IDC (some may spontaneously resolve)

The article is open access AND WELL WORTH reading --it opens the door to preventing one's daughters from developing this disease, especially if we can detect DCIS early.

RESEARCH ARTICLE
Combined Inhibition of ErbB1/2 and Notch Receptors Effectively Targets Breast Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS) Stem/Progenitor Cell Activity Regardless of ErbB2 Status

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...4CE9F1075AD5ED

Regarding early detection I will post regaridng an INCREDIBLE young 15 year old boy who has developed a simple, cheap way to detect pancreatic cancer LONG before it becomes untreatable. (separate post with link)
young
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote