HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
Alice Vienna

Hi there!

I havent been here for along while, trying to forget about the disease. Getting ready to live without therapy after 2,5 years...

Had my last round of adjuvant Herceptin out of HERA trial planned for March 9th.
Was in the 2 yrs. arm of treatment.
About 5 hrs. after my last treatment I was told dx of 3 liver mets after the routine ultrasound in the morning came out "suspect"....

There is no "f" word to describe my feelings of getting stage 4 dx exactly the day I was planned to have last tx!
Had "finish tx" party planned March 12th... didn´t cancel it because I didnt want to sit home knowing there WOULD have been my party.
And it was a WONDERFUL party with lots of friends. The ones who didnt show because "they just couldnt" - and there were some of those - well, we´ve talked since and I understand.
The ones who came and had fun for a loooong evening - I love them for celebrating life with me - no matter what....

Had PET y´day and results say no more spots than the 3 in the liver. Been told they will try "thermoablation" (semisurgical removal with heat) on them.
Surgery cannot be done as spots are on both sides of liver - and btw. thanks but wouldnt need some more weeks of aftersurgical pain right now... *g*

After that another chemo - probably Xeloda w/ or w/out Herceptin (trial "Herceptin beyond progression")

Well - a bummer..... but tell you what: I STILL WANNA SURVIVE!
I want to live my life, cry my tears and most important of all: laugh my laughs!

Thanks for listening and greetings from Vienna, Austria, Europe!
Alice (31@dx, 34 and counting now)