HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-05-2004, 01:43 AM   #1
jojo

Cathy,

I'm on the same path as you. I'm just about halfway through my year of herceptin (supposedly end of this Aug). Now, thinking about getting a 2nd opinion on herceptin use, though I think my onc is pretty good.

What stage are you?

Good luck! Let me know your findings. Hugs
Old 04-05-2004, 06:44 AM   #2
Steph N.

Cathy -
If you read my story (Stephanie), you know that Herceptin is a very big part of the reason I am still here! My med onc would NEVER take me off! Only in the event that there is a vaccine or other drug that could really provide a cure for me. I will see him in another 9 days for my 3-month check. We may discuss the vaccine again, but he really does not want to "experiment" with me as I am so stable (NED) for nearly 2 years now. My case has gone successfully beyond his early expectations and he wants to keep me that way!!
I hope you can remain on Herceptin as long as you want. Second opinion is a definite in that case if you cannot argue your present doc into keeping you on it.
My quality of life is very good now and I am getting close to back to normal.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:25 AM   #3
Cathy W

Thank you for your posts. I am stage IV. The only 'rationale' he mentioned was becoming "immune" to it. But the more I read, the more I think I need to be on it as long as possible.
Do any of you know about EGFR? Even though I'm her2 3+, I don't think I've been tested to see if I overexpress EGFR.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:57 AM   #4
paula ryan

i had serious mets to liver,onc gave me 3 yrs. at most, i am now on my 4th yr. of her and will stay on it as long as kaiser will give it.