HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Carolyns

Fingers Crossed for T-DM1 Trial it's time

Hi All,

Well it appears the Navelbine has run it's course. I just returned from the Dr.s and I am crying as it is time for a change. The drugs seem to be lasting me between 4 - 6 months before progression. I keep hoping that they will buy me more time and I get so disappointed when they begin to fail....I feel like I am failing and then the fear and sadness creep in.

Okay, the sunny side of me will become hopeful in a few hours once I absorb my new reality and then I will need input from the T-DM1 trial participants. Please keep you fingers crossed that I can get in. If I do I must drive about an hour to the treatment center...not far compared to some but my normal treatment center is just blocks away and I work full time.

Edit - I just learned that most likely I will need to have taken Xeloda and failed first. I have not taken that drug in a metastatic setting. Only 5 FU along 20 years ago in the CAF combo and I don't think that counts.

T-DM1 participants if I get in how often is treatment? What are the side effects? Will I lose my hair? How soon will I scan after I begin? I have only had the 3-week dose of Herceptin 1 time and then switched to weekly. Please share any other thoughts or tips.

Thanks for listening and your support. I couldn't do this without you!

Love, Carolyn

Last edited by Carolyns; 01-29-2009 at 12:21 PM..
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote