HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
MCS

Thumbs up Greatest Board!!!

I just had to say this. It is Saturday night , yes it's sad, I'm here reading this, and I want information on all sorts of things for HER2.

THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN THIS PLACE FOR INFORMATION. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BETTER.

Thank you Christine

Maria
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Chelee

I certainly agree with you on this one Maria. Count me in...I feel the same way. Heck...I think my onc feels threatened by me due to this board. I found in one of her *progressed notes* where she had *advised* me to *limit* my time on the computer. (SAY WHAT!) Not on her life! LOL Thank goodness for Christine & Joe...where would we be without this board? (I don't want to even think about it.)

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
Donna

The Best

Here here! And I do mean HERE! I feel like this is my home away from home and you are all my family. There is a closeness that develops in a group situation like this and the help given here is second to none - compassionate and intelligent - but most importantly, informed! These days you must be your own advocate when it comes to medical matters and this group is second to none for providing what is needed!

Have a great day!

Donna
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
lilyecuadorian

yes

yes you are right about this site ..there is no days without me saying "my cyber best friends " " my group on internet" "my her2 group \" said this, this and that "etc ..I dont know either with who I'l be able to talk "scientific LOL" conversations about this "thing" only with you my friends, smarts friends ...good friends ...
her2+++ and ER+PR+ from32 nodes 4 positives
mastectomy right breast chemo before surgery herceptin/carboplatin/taxotere ,clear and surgery have radiation 20, `& then herceptin and tamoxifen
NED until Aug/07 body only then 'n June 04-06-07 .1 lesion of 1.6 cm on cerebellum ...novalis ,open sugery
5m.m brain met again novalis, 4mm.In the liver. Waiting 2 months now 3 tumors enroll on T-MCC trial start first infusion Nov 5/07 at Dec 17 scan show one tumor despair the 2nd and 3th diminish Doc said great results until March/08 ct scan show progression
03-05-08 start tykerb & xeloda
lilyecuadorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #5
R.B.

Why sad MCS for being in.

There are no absolutes. If working on a project in front of a computer screen is sad I get a sad nerd prize, but the way I look at it is a book I am trying to write will not write itself.

It depends on the company I suppose.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:00 AM   #6
Lolly

Birds of a feather fly together!

<3 lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote