HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
Sandy H

Where is JoJo?

Where is JoJo or have I missed her posting. I hope she is o.k. and just busy. Please send us a post to let us know. Perhaps, you have moved on to bigger and better things!! Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 05:52 AM   #2
RhondaH

Sandy...

though she hasn't posted, if you go the member list you can see when someone last "logged in" (she last logged in 1/12/06). This is nice as I TOO have wondered about other "long time" people (i.e. the OTHER Marianne in Long Island) and have found this a nice tool to make sure "they are still with us"). Take care and God bless.

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:18 AM   #3
kristen

She is doing great! Rozebud just saw her on a trip to California with work. She is on the YSC board a lot with Rozebud. You can catch her there. Also you can see a pic of her with R. It's under my trip to Ca and YSC.

I do wonder about MaryAnn and Kim? anyone here from them lately? I know Kim is fighting her battle, we should put her on our prayer list.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
Rozebud

She's doing ok. She had her best friend visiting the last 2 weeks so she's been busy. News from the oncologist were that things were still stable. She has been a little under the weather lately as well.

She was a wonderful, vibrant, outgoing lady, and I would have never known she was feeling sick and a bit exhausted. You'd never know she was in active treatment. I am SO blessed that God gave me the opportunity to meet her.

Rose

Dx'd 1/04 at 33, while 33 weeks pregnant

Dx: Stage IIIC IDC, ER-, PR+ (23%), Her2=2.7 (IDC)/7.6 (FSH), 2.5cm primary tumor, grade III, 11/18+ nodes (largest 3.8 cm)

Treatment: A/C *4, T *4, 1 year of herceptin (BCIRG 006), mastectomy, rads (7 weeks), zoladex (5 years) with tamoxifen (2 years)/aromisin (3 years), bilateral SGAP summer 05 at NOLA

Oops, retested tumor and I guess I'm er/pr- after all.
Stopped all hormonal tx 10/07. Periods resumed 6/08. Bye bye hot flashes!!!!

http://www.edrie.com/kopecky
*~VISIT OUR FAMILY!~*
Rozebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
jojo

Wink Hi Sandy

Sorry Sandy, I did log in on the 12th of Jan just to respond to a post -- I don't even remember in which thread. But I didn't get to read all of the new threads at that time. Thanks for your thoughts.

These days, I frequent to the computer much less now than before, only due to achy wrists. They say the aches come from repititive motion, but I am inclined to disagree; I think it is a side effect (rather uncommon) of Xeloda that I have been taking since Sept 2, because they just so happened at the same time. So, I need to rest my wrists as much as possible, cuz the aches are pretty nasty, considering my rather high tolerance level for pain.

I have had a couple of follow-ups with my onc over the past year (since I started on Xeloda), and I have been pretty much considered "stable". At this point now, I am on 3,300mg per day, along with the weekly Herceptin. No more hormonals, as my clinic does not believe in the combo of chemo's & hormonals simulataneously.

So, in other words, I have yet to "go on to better & better things" like you just said. But I do look forward to the new year of 2006, totally ready to put 2005 behind me. On to a brand-new chapter!...

Like a fanatic Olympics fan (remember I'd gone to Summer Olympics in Greece?), I am anxiously awaiting the Winter Olympics next month, and basically crossing my fingers & toes in hopes of U.S. ice skater Michelle Kwan grabbing a gold medal! I believe this will be her last Olympics, as she is now 25 years old. That is pretty much the only exciting thing happening in my life right now.... if you do consider this a "bigger & better thing" Sandy. :-)

I also have been under the weather lately, as I have been battling with a stubborn ear cold -- since Christmas Day, would you imagine!!?!! I sound like a horse -- with a hoarse voice! I can't wait to sound normal SOON!! I have a frequent cough, just to attempt mucus out of my system. It is not completely gone -- GGRRR! Enough of the 'nasal' stuff already!

On to a more important topic, I had the pleasure of meeting Rozebud 2 weeks ago. We met at a late hour (I think 9pm) on a weeknight, and I was amazed to see how energetic she was, considering her business trip that only covered 3 cities (not even close to one another!) in 3 very short days. Whew!... I sure had fun chatting with you, Rozebud!! :-)

Sandy, I hope you are doing very well over there in Maine.

Sending best wishes to everyone here ~~

1st Dx: May '03 at age 35
Stage 3b
6cm IDC tumor
17/18 + nodes
Neoadjuvant: 4x A/C dose dense; 12x weekly Taxol & weekly Herceptin
Left Mastectomy: Nov '03
27x Rads
Stage 4 since June '04
Still on maintenance Herceptin since the very beginning
Currently on Abraxane (3 weeks / 1 week off)
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote