HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-19-2004, 08:32 PM   #1
Velva

Hi all, I am really itching due to skin mets. What helps or stops it?
Thanks, Velva
Old 12-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
Barbara H.

i have tried a zinc oxide ointment. It helped somewhat. I'm not sure if you are supposed to put anything on the rash. I have not asked my oncologist. My skin mets have been improving wth herceptin. You might ask about a zinc based ointment. Good luck.
Barbara H.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:50 PM   #3
carol

Hi-Benadryl cream, cold gel packs, aveeno oatmeal baths and keeping the area moisturized helps. I like Aubreys brand Rosa Mosqueta moisturizing cream found in health food stores. This brand is good enough to eat (no synthetic moisturizers or chemical ingredients). Wearing loose super soft cotton camisoles also helps keep the area from getting irritated. Hope this helps! Carol
Old 12-20-2004, 07:33 AM   #4
Kristen

Velva,

I have never had skin mets, I am just writing to say HELLO!

Hope all is going well. Are you ready for the holidays? My husband is finishing up for me and my mother in law. Thank goodness

There is a post from Ally above, are you still on Herceptin or what is your regimine post WBR. Could you see if you could help her out. I know you will if you can. Take care. LOL k
Old 12-21-2004, 12:00 AM   #5
Lyn

Hi there, well that answers my question about itchy skin, I am having a skin biopsy tommorow, so I am not expecting good news before Xmas. I tried cortisone creams and that made it inflamed and itched more, but I use Milton Nappy Rash creak and that works, I know my wig irritates it more than not so I will have to wait and see, just when I was enjoying NED and this now becomes an issue. Wouldn't you think after a ton of radiation on the area which well and truly cremated it and 6 months of weekly Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin the skin would be without BC. Always praying for a break so now I will wait and see, had it twice before, first went with Xeloda and next with Navelbine so I will have to go eanie, meanie,mynie, moe.

Love and hugs Lyn
Old 12-21-2004, 11:12 AM   #6
Velva

Barbara,
The zinc oxcide helps, especially the generic diaper rash cream.
Thanks, V
Old 12-21-2004, 11:18 AM   #7
Velva

Lyn,
I sure hope it's not skin mets. I will tell you mine comes back in places I've been radiated. You've been through a lot already. Positive thoughts, V
Old 12-21-2004, 11:28 AM   #8
Velva

Kristen,
I didn't do WBR, but will check out Ally'sy post. I would be doing fine if it weren't for the skin mets. I am on Taxatere, 1 tx, my hair is coming out, & I've ordered a wig. I see the onc on Thurs. & hope she will add Herceptin because I don't think Taxotere is doing much by itself. I was also to get Carboplatin, but it was postponed. Have a Merry Christmas, V
Old 12-21-2004, 11:36 AM   #9
Velva

carol,
Thanks for your reply. I will try if zinc oxide stops working. Have you had any success in treating skin mets? V
Old 12-21-2004, 07:08 PM   #10
carol

Hi Velva- I have had the most success with Herceptin/Avastin. This combo reduced the skin mets almost 90%. The large internal tumor in my right breast hasn't shrunken as much though. Its has gotten softer around the edges but the nipple is retracting. The doctors aren't sure if it is better or worse. Good luck and happy holidays. The best of health to you. Regards, Carol