HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-15-2004, 05:04 PM   #1
leigh

I have been diagnosed with brain lesions, around 8 to 9.Two of them are around 3 cm diameter and sit before and after the brain stem, which make gamma knife difficult for the moment.They put me on a chemo drug which passes the blood brain barrier to try to shrink the lesions, then we can assess the situation again.IN the last 6 weeks i 've had 3 fits which are horrendus.Can aanyone spread any light for me.I'm a young mom of 3 and terrified.Please help.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:48 PM   #2
janelle

Leigh,
I'm so sorry that you are going thru this. I don't have brain mets, so I can't address your specific questions. I just wanted to tell you that there is always hope. I was dx w/extensive liver mets 3/03 and my last CT shows no more cancer! Never give up. If you need to vent, feel free to post here and we are always around to listen to you.

Can I ask which Chemo drug you are taking that crosses the brain/blood barrier?

Hugs and thanks,
Janelle
Old 05-15-2004, 08:20 PM   #3
Leigh

The chemo is navelbine and apparently there have been some dramatic results with this.Hugs to you all
Old 05-15-2004, 09:23 PM   #4
Christine

Leigh,
You may want to investigate if Cyberknife is available in europe. I understand that this technique was developed to reach tumors in hard to reach places.

Hugs
Christine
Old 05-16-2004, 01:38 PM   #5
Lolly

Dear Leigh,
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and pray that the Navelbine does it's job. I was on Navelbine/Herceptin 3 years ago for lymph node mets, and while certainly not as serious as brain mets, I can say it worked dramatically well with minimal side effects. Praying for you,
Lolly