HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2005, 11:39 PM   #1
lolam

My sister and I are scheduled to check-in for the preliminary work-up for the bone marrow transplant on June 29th. I can't believe how soon this whole thing will happen!!!

I am on the new ins. company now, Aetna, and they are excellent. All my worrying for nothing as they are covering much more than I ever imagined.!! What a relief! So many hurdles, so glad the financial one is now not so high, I can concentrate only on my health.
Bob is taking a 3 mo. leave to be with me so it will be difficult, but I cannot do this without him, so we trust it will all work out in the end

My sister is a treasure to me, being in her 60's she is great to be willing to go through all of this for me. She will be flying into Seattle from Bismarck, ND.

I am still enjoying the family reunion with my two sons and their families. I have spent some really quality time with my grandchildren two by two. We have taken many pics and these are great memories. In a way, I am glad we do have this dimension in our family now, as we cannot take a single moment we have together for granted. So we try so much harder to make it all count. It is a good thing indeed!!

I am reduced to tears from time to time as I ponder what lies ahead, but I know God's grace will see me through. I hope to be an encouragement to my caregivers and new friends I will make by having optimism and cheerfulness. I need some crazy hats, great big slippers, rubber chickens, let's see, what else?? Can you imagine being in the hospital for a month?? One has GOT to have a sense of humor for such a time as that!!!

I don't have time to keep up with Breast Cancer breakthroughs and your journeys these days, but I have not forgotten your names and faces and think of you all often and I am rooting for you to keep being the fighters I know you all are...

I will try to keep you posted and check in on y'all while I am in Seattle. I am sure they have an internet hook-up somewhere.
God bless,
Lola
Old 06-08-2005, 05:31 AM   #2
Rhonda4

God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers. Good luck.

Rhonda
Old 06-08-2005, 06:23 AM   #3
madubois63

Good luck sweetie - what a wonderful sister you have! You are both in my prayers...
Old 06-08-2005, 09:45 AM   #4
*_joy_*

Sending you all the strength and hunor vibes I can!
Best wishes, Joy
Old 06-08-2005, 03:41 PM   #5
Becky

Nothing but great Karma for you from New Jersey. You will do well and be fine. I will think and pray for you. June 29 is a great day. My oldest daughter's birthday and I became a mother for the first time (my dream come true). And this will be your dream come true.

Love, Becky
Old 06-08-2005, 11:32 PM   #6
StephN

Oh, Lola!
That is the BEST news I have heard in a while. Thanks for that. I needed it, would you believe?
Somehow I was just sure that this would all work out for you - you are just not the kind of person who deserves the opposite!
If you are in isolation, we can at least talk on the phone while you are doing the chemo part and coming back up from that.
Glad to know your great hubby will be by your side. My other friend who went through the same thing not long ago had his wife here from Ohio. She really got him through the whole thing.
And - thank the good Lord for sisters.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote