HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-25-2004, 10:44 AM   #1
rose

I am considering resigning from my current job and looking for another one. The biggest problem with my current job is the lack of benefits. Altho am covered on my husband's insurance, I have no life insurance, retirement, etc. I have two leads on two jobs that would include these important benefits. However, my concern is how much do I disclose during an interview? I need to continue my weekly herceptin treatment, and how do I go about mentioning this in an interview? Anyone had this predicament? thanks!
Old 03-26-2004, 05:45 AM   #2
kansasrose

I live in the U.S.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:33 AM   #3
Lolly

Rose,
Here is some information that may help give you some idea of what you are obligated and not obligated to disclose, and what questions an employer can and can not ask. Interesting question, and one I've been wondering about as I'm taking classes at the community college with the aim of re-entering the work force.
BTW, my husband recently got life insurance, not through work, and the agent said that in general a cancer patient has to have been in remission 5 years before qualifying for life insurance. I didn't ask about whether being on maintenance Herceptin disqualifies one from consideration, just assumed it did. Would be very interested to hear what you find out.
hugs, Lolly
Old 03-26-2004, 06:21 PM   #4
Sandy

Was your husband able to get life insurance on you or did he take it out on himself? I was told we can get in however, its not worth the premium we have to pay. I checked it out after I left work to continue my coverage and it went from $140.00 month to $750.00 and only for $16,000.00. I figured at the rate I can bank it and be just as far ahead. Would be interested to hear from others. Hugs, Sandy