HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
Jules

Unhappy Update on Hope-Please Pray

Hi My name is Julissa and I am Hope's daughter. I have been a lurkeron this board for some time but many remember my mom as an active particicpant in the past. Sadly she is not doing well and is now in hospice care and I really feel that the end is near. Both myself and her companion live in the house and we are trying to keep her comfortable as possible. She is on hydromorphone for pain and ativan for anxiety but is conscious for most of the day. Right now her right lung tumors are really progressing, brain and bone mets appear to be stable

I am trying to be the best advocate for her care for the 4 years after being diagnosed at stage 4 in Oct. 2002 but there is no more chemos to try as she has tried them all and is too weak to repeat them. I have checked into the Lapatinib EAP trial but infortunately she is so weak that she is ineligible to be on the study. BTW the protocol states that you have to have a ECOG status of a 2 and she is a 3 now.

Hospice has been a great support to us and as much as both her and I did not want to give up sadly we have run out of options. Please keep her in your prayers and I will continually update this board on her condition. Peace and Love, Julissa
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote