HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2004, 05:56 AM   #1
Deb F

OOPS, I forgot to put in a subject the last time. I have been on herceptin for 3 1/2 years for bone mets. Now a CT scan anc PET scan is reavealing mets to the liver and the remaining breast. Onc is considering taking me off of the Herceptin and on to some chemo combinations. It seems like a good time to do a 2nd opinion.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
al from Canada

Hi Deb,
I don't know how far you are from the univerity if Indianapolis Cancer Center, however; we got outstanding service for their staff over the phone and we live in Canada. They provided us with chemo procols and a referal to one of the top breat Cancer oncs. in Canada. The head Oncologist in Indianapolis is Dr. Kathy Miller and she still calls her collegue in Toronto, Dr. Maureen Trudeau about Linda's progress. Dr. Miller fast-tacked Linda to an appointment with Dr. Trudeau although we live 1-1/2 hours from the hospital.
In case you want to follow through, Her oncology research nurse is Anita Rush-Taylor. Her number is 317-278-6797. They are amazing people. Anita's e-mail is: arushtay@iupui.edu
If you want to call me if you need more info before you proceed: 519-896-1059. Dr. Miller is heading-up dozens of clinical trials and has been instrumental in Linda's recovery.
A word of advice (and I never give advice); don't be too proud or ashamed or what-ever to call other medical experts because through my limited experience, they will alays go out of their way to help. As professionals, they all understand the gravity of a situation where a human life is at risk.
Good luck,
Al
Old 09-06-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
Rozebud

I have not gone but my mother's husband just returned from a second opinion related to prostate cancer recurrance. They are REALLY sold on it. Said they were treated like kings and queens. A lot of nutrional and spiritual therapy too (my mom is a self-proclaimed nutrionist now!)
Old 09-06-2004, 12:55 PM   #4
Rozebud

I have not gone but my mother's husband just returned from a second opinion related to prostate cancer recurrance. They are REALLY sold on it. Said they were treated like kings and queens. A lot of nutrional and spiritual therapy too (my mom is a self-proclaimed nutrionist now!)